Tuesday, June 05, 2007

DIME - By Cake

In the brown shag carpet of a cheap motel
In the dark and dusty corner by the TV shelf
Is a small reminder of a simpler time
When a crumpled up pair of trousers cost a brand new dime

Well you ask me how I made it through and how my mint condition could belong to you
When I'm on the ground I roll through town
I'm a president you don't remember getting kicked around

I'm a dime
I'm fine
And I shine I'm freshly minted
I am determined not to be dented
By a car or by a plane or anything not yet invented

I'm a dime
I'm fine
And I shine

In the hiss and rumble of the freeway sounds
As the afternoon commuters drive their cars around
There's a ringle jingle near the underpass
There's a sparkle near the fast food garbage and roadside trash

I'm a dime
I'm fine
And I shine I'm freshly minted

I'm silver-plated I'm underrated
You won't even pick me up because I'm not enough for a local phone call

I'm a dime
I'm fine
And I shine
I'm a dime
I'm fine
And I shine
I'm a dime
I'm fine
And I shine

0 comments: